2012年3月29日星期四

full text searching...

I am working on a system where we wish toc reat a full text catalog in sql server 2000. I created a test catalog and started a 'full population' but it failed. After several attempts I restarted the 'Mircosoft Search' service and it is failing with the following error:
"The Gatherer property mapping file cannot be opened. Error: 80070003. The default values are being used. You may have to copy the property mapping file from the setup CD, or reinstall the application".
I have little knowledge about MS seraching and the relationship with full text catalogs in sql server 2000. I have been able from google to find the following MS knowledge base article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827449
Is this the best solution for my problem?
The system I am working on is not a clustered database and has the sql installtion on the 'C:' drive with the log and data files fdor the database seperated oput onto to seperate physical drives
Cheers
Ollie Riches
I think this kb article is the best choice for you.
Hilary Cotter
Director of Text Mining and Database Strategy
RelevantNOISE.Com - Dedicated to mining blogs for business intelligence.
This posting is my own and doesn't necessarily represent RelevantNoise's
positions, strategies or opinions.
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Ollie Riches" <ollie.riches@.phoneanalyser.net> wrote in message
news:eIl646eTGHA.424@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
I am working on a system where we wish toc reat a full text catalog in sql
server 2000. I created a test catalog and started a 'full population' but it
failed. After several attempts I restarted the 'Mircosoft Search' service
and it is failing with the following error:
"The Gatherer property mapping file cannot be opened. Error: 80070003. The
default values are being used. You may have to copy the property mapping
file from the setup CD, or reinstall the application".
I have little knowledge about MS seraching and the relationship with full
text catalogs in sql server 2000. I have been able from google to find the
following MS knowledge base article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827449
Is this the best solution for my problem?
The system I am working on is not a clustered database and has the sql
installtion on the 'C:' drive with the log and data files fdor the database
seperated oput onto to seperate physical drives
Cheers
Ollie Riches

没有评论:

发表评论