2012年3月26日星期一

full text search on views in express edition

Hi
Is full text indexing possible on views in SQL server express edition with
advanced services? If Yes then how to do it on a view where I want to do
full text search on five different columns?
Thanks
ontario, canada
I am fairly certain that you can only have one full-text index per table or
*indexed* view. So, if your view is not indexed, you will need to create
your FT index on the underlying table(s).
"db" <db@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:70DFE058-91C8-4D1D-96A7-277113460FB3@.microsoft.com...
> Hi
> Is full text indexing possible on views in SQL server express edition with
> advanced services? If Yes then how to do it on a view where I want to do
> full text search on five different columns?
> Thanks
> --
> ontario, canada
|||I created a full text index on the base table. Will use base table(L.B22) and
not view using syntex:
create fulltext index on L.B22
key index ui_fts22 on B221_fulltextcatalog
with change_tracking AUTO
Now I want to
1. View details about full text index in my database/table.
2. When I created index I created it on one column. I want to use full text
search on multiple columns. Can I add more columns and if yes how.
ontario, canada
"Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]" wrote:

> I am fairly certain that you can only have one full-text index per table or
> *indexed* view. So, if your view is not indexed, you will need to create
> your FT index on the underlying table(s).
>
>
> "db" <db@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:70DFE058-91C8-4D1D-96A7-277113460FB3@.microsoft.com...
>
>

没有评论:

发表评论