2012年3月29日星期四

full text soundex problem

I have a fulltext search in my query i am using containstable function .I have to search for keywords like '170st'.but it is returning all the strings near to it, like 168st, 200st,110st.I think it is taking the soundex function.
Please help me
Pradeep K V
************************************************** ********************
Sent via Fuzzy Software @. http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP & ASP.NET resources...
pradeep wrote on Fri, 15 Jul 2005 00:09:36 -0700:

> I have a fulltext search in my query i am using containstable function .I
> have to search for keywords like '170st'.but it is returning all the
> strings near to it, like 168st, 200st,110st.I think it is taking the
> soundex function. Please help me
I don't think FTS ever uses soundex. Maybe it's using the noise word list to
remove all the numbers - that way they're all just indexed as 'st'. Have you
made any changes to the noise words file?
Dan
|||Pradeep,
Daniel is correct Full-text Search (FTS) does not use SOUNDEX directly, but
it can be used in combination with SOUNDEX. Additionally, you may want to
review the following links as well as the below TSQL examples of combining
CONTAINS & SOUNDEX:
You may want to look at some of the improved soundex algorithms as well as
the Levenshtein Distance algorithm You should be able to search Google to
find more code examples, for example: 'METAPHONE soundex "sql server" fuzzy
name search' and I quickly found - "Double Metaphone Sounds Great" at
http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/Art...094/26094.html You can freely
download the code in a zip file that has several a user-defined function
(UDF) that implement Double Metaphone.
Below are some additional SOUNDEX links:
http://www.merriampark.com/ld.htm
http://www.bcs-mt.org.uk/nala_006.htm
Could you post the SQL FTS query you are using to get the results you are
seeing along with the full output of -- SELECT @.@.version -- as this will
provide more information on why you are getting these results.
use pubs
-- Combined SOUNDEX OR CONTAINS query that Searches for names that sound
like "Michael".
select au_lname, au_fname FROM authors -- returns 2 rows
where contains(au_fname, 'Mich*') or SOUNDEX(au_fname) = 'M240'
Thanks,
John
SQL Full Text Search Blog
http://spaces.msn.com/members/jtkane/
"Daniel Crichton" <msnews@.worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
news:#4oNygTiFHA.1464@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> pradeep wrote on Fri, 15 Jul 2005 00:09:36 -0700:
..I
> I don't think FTS ever uses soundex. Maybe it's using the noise word list
to
> remove all the numbers - that way they're all just indexed as 'st'. Have
you
> made any changes to the noise words file?
> Dan
>

没有评论:

发表评论