2012年3月29日星期四

full text searching...

I am working on a system where we wish toc reat a full text catalog in sql s
erver 2000. I created a test catalog and started a 'full population' but it
failed. After several attempts I restarted the 'Mircosoft Search' service an
d it is failing with the following error:
"The Gatherer property mapping file cannot be opened. Error: 80070003. The d
efault values are being used. You may have to copy the property mapping file
from the setup CD, or reinstall the application".
I have little knowledge about MS seraching and the relationship with full te
xt catalogs in sql server 2000. I have been able from google to find the fol
lowing MS knowledge base article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827449
Is this the best solution for my problem?
The system I am working on is not a clustered database and has the sql insta
lltion on the 'C:' drive with the log and data files fdor the database seper
ated oput onto to seperate physical drives
Cheers
Ollie RichesI think this kb article is the best choice for you.
Hilary Cotter
Director of Text Mining and Database Strategy
RelevantNOISE.Com - Dedicated to mining blogs for business intelligence.
This posting is my own and doesn't necessarily represent RelevantNoise's
positions, strategies or opinions.
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Ollie Riches" <ollie.riches@.phoneanalyser.net> wrote in message
news:eIl646eTGHA.424@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
I am working on a system where we wish toc reat a full text catalog in sql
server 2000. I created a test catalog and started a 'full population' but it
failed. After several attempts I restarted the 'Mircosoft Search' service
and it is failing with the following error:
"The Gatherer property mapping file cannot be opened. Error: 80070003. The
default values are being used. You may have to copy the property mapping
file from the setup CD, or reinstall the application".
I have little knowledge about MS seraching and the relationship with full
text catalogs in sql server 2000. I have been able from google to find the
following MS knowledge base article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827449
Is this the best solution for my problem?
The system I am working on is not a clustered database and has the sql
installtion on the 'C:' drive with the log and data files fdor the database
seperated oput onto to seperate physical drives
Cheers
Ollie Riches

没有评论:

发表评论