2012年3月29日星期四

full text serch with no user istance?

HI

I' making an archive applicaton that will be distribuited on cd.

the application contain a simple database witn one million of document with author , title and full document in text format.

i want to make a full text serch on the documents.

this cd will be distribuited to normal user so it have to be simple to install and use.

in the cd I'have put the setup of sql server express advenced with the .ini file for an automatic setup with the required component(full-text serch engine too)

when the installation program has finished you have a directory with a simple c# program and the .mdf and .ldf file for the database.

in the database you have 4 columns "id" "title" "author" "text"

with "SQL Server Management Studio Express" I have create the full text on the database using this sql line

"CREATE FULLTEXT CATALOG cat" to create the catalog then I have create an index key on ID column and then a full text for text column.

now the probelm is that i can make a full-text serch in a user istance.

in visual studio 2005 i select the option "insert existing element in the project" then I'have select the mdf file, but after the insert all the query work fine expet the "SELECT * FROM db WHERE CONTAINS(tilte,'word')" it say me "unable to do a full-text serch in an user istance.

I'have tried to manipulate the connection string setting user istance=false but I have encountered two problem.

1- I can't set a file location like |program dir|\db.mdb

2- if i set a real file location the program work only on my pc and only if the visul studio in open.

whot I have to do to make it work?

Full-text Search does not work in User Instances.

Mike

|||

this means that is impossible with c# and sql server express advanced to make an application with full text serch, that can be distribuite on cd for normal user?

没有评论:

发表评论