2012年3月27日星期二

Full Text Searching

I am trying to run a full text serach on one field, a Varchar 2000.
say the field contains:
(before you break the seal of your new product box, please be careful to read all the instructions) ...for example
I search for keywords that may be in this field
Like:
product box
seal
instructions
and this row is included in the result set

but I would like to leave out words like all pronouns and 'a' and 'I' ...words that aren't going to matter to the search.

Does someone know where I can stgart in doing this full text searching?

Thanks,
EricWell I still haven't found much on this
Got the following articles
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=4224
(zip file is empty)
and http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/features/fulltext.asp (just says nothing really)

Do anyone know how this full text search works... an example perhaps?

Would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric|||Can someone tell me please where this is wrong?
sSQL.Append("and (sr.description_of_problem = isnull(@.description, FREETEXT(sr.description_of_problem, @.description)) or sr.description_of_problem is null) ")|||look into"noise words" and"filters" in the full text search problem.

没有评论:

发表评论