2012年3月29日星期四

full text special characters

I am trying to modify my noise word list and found that there are special characters that are ignored no matter what... I need to be able to search on these characters (well at least some of them) so I need to some up with a way to get them into the catalog.

I am running SQL 2000 so using the thesaurus is out (feature not available) and microsoft does not recomment using the thesaurus for special charaters anyways.

SO what I was thinking of was to when I build the data for the catalog, I use replace the special characters with equivalent words. Does this sound like it would work?

Then the procedure that does the searching would also have to look for the special characters and replace them as well....

Does anyone have a better idea?

Also is there any place that I can get the full list of special characters? Here is the one I have.

Apostrophe

'

Accent grave

`

Number sign

#

Percent sign

%

Greater than

>

Less than

<

Exclamation mark

!

Period

.

Brackets

[ or ]

Asterisk

*

Dollar

$

Semicolon

;

Colon

:

Question mark

?

Caret

^

Braces

( or )

Plus sign

+

Backslash

\

Hey, I am unfortunatley unable to provide you with any real feedback reguarding the nature of your problem. However I am a Instructional Technologist designing Aids for users at my current place of work and was hoping you might be able to point me into the right direction as far as the Full-TExt search function goes within SQL.

I need to find out the idiosyncracies of the search so that I can later train on it.

That is, I know that if I search for (arbitrary) form "AD44445" by entering AD I will get a long list of forms that reflect this title,

AD34563

AD42034

AD23404

AD etc etc etc

However I need to know what other pnumonics the search engine relies on to gather the necessary information of the searched item.

If there is a manual that is not technical that tells users why the full text search works the way it does could you please point me in the way of it?

sql

没有评论:

发表评论