2012年2月26日星期日

Full Install for SP2

I have one production SQL server 2000 with Reporting services SP2 installed
on it. I have a redundent IIS 6.0 just purchased. I went to install RS on
it and point it to the production machine but it won't install because the CD
I have is RS SP1 which isn't compatible with SP2. How can I get my hands on
a Full install of RS SP2 so that I can install it on my new IIS machine?
Thanks,
JohnThere is not a full install with SP2. You have to install and then upgrade
with SP2. SP2 includes all the fixes from SP1.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"John Supplee" <JohnSupplee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D8929F90-02FE-4782-AECF-E3028CC5C72F@.microsoft.com...
>I have one production SQL server 2000 with Reporting services SP2 installed
> on it. I have a redundent IIS 6.0 just purchased. I went to install RS
> on
> it and point it to the production machine but it won't install because the
> CD
> I have is RS SP1 which isn't compatible with SP2. How can I get my hands
> on
> a Full install of RS SP2 so that I can install it on my new IIS machine?
> Thanks,
> John
>|||Bruce,
Thanks for your reply. I already have SP2 installed. I am trying to
install Reporting Services on a new IIS machine and it won't let me because I
have a RS SP1 install and that is not compatible with SP2. Are you telling
me the only way to install this on my new machine is to completely uninstall
RS, on my production machine, and then reinstall RS on the new IIS machine?
Do you know if MS is going to come out with a CD soon for a full RS SP2
install? Since SP2 is incompatible with SP1 I can't imagine I'll be the only
one with this problem...
Thanks,
John
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> There is not a full install with SP2. You have to install and then upgrade
> with SP2. SP2 includes all the fixes from SP1.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "John Supplee" <JohnSupplee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D8929F90-02FE-4782-AECF-E3028CC5C72F@.microsoft.com...
> >I have one production SQL server 2000 with Reporting services SP2 installed
> > on it. I have a redundent IIS 6.0 just purchased. I went to install RS
> > on
> > it and point it to the production machine but it won't install because the
> > CD
> > I have is RS SP1 which isn't compatible with SP2. How can I get my hands
> > on
> > a Full install of RS SP2 so that I can install it on my new IIS machine?
> > Thanks,
> > John
> >
>
>|||I'm confused on what you are trying to do. Are you setting up up a web farm?
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"John Supplee" <JohnSupplee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DB20322D-8C67-43A0-B520-24BF7E80C34B@.microsoft.com...
> Bruce,
> Thanks for your reply. I already have SP2 installed. I am trying to
> install Reporting Services on a new IIS machine and it won't let me
> because I
> have a RS SP1 install and that is not compatible with SP2. Are you
> telling
> me the only way to install this on my new machine is to completely
> uninstall
> RS, on my production machine, and then reinstall RS on the new IIS
> machine?
> Do you know if MS is going to come out with a CD soon for a full RS SP2
> install? Since SP2 is incompatible with SP1 I can't imagine I'll be the
> only
> one with this problem...
> Thanks,
> John
> "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
>> There is not a full install with SP2. You have to install and then
>> upgrade
>> with SP2. SP2 includes all the fixes from SP1.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce Loehle-Conger
>> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>> "John Supplee" <JohnSupplee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D8929F90-02FE-4782-AECF-E3028CC5C72F@.microsoft.com...
>> >I have one production SQL server 2000 with Reporting services SP2
>> >installed
>> > on it. I have a redundent IIS 6.0 just purchased. I went to install
>> > RS
>> > on
>> > it and point it to the production machine but it won't install because
>> > the
>> > CD
>> > I have is RS SP1 which isn't compatible with SP2. How can I get my
>> > hands
>> > on
>> > a Full install of RS SP2 so that I can install it on my new IIS
>> > machine?
>> > Thanks,
>> > John
>> >
>>|||I am setting up redundancy. I have a production IIS and SQL server running
RS SP2. I have a redundant SQL server that is getting updates from the
production server using Double-take. I would like to have the production IIS
machine replicate to the backup IIS machine using the same software. In
order to do this I need all the same products and versions on the redundant
server before I set up the replication. Unfortunately I upgraded my
production IIS and SQL to SP2 before I did the original install of RS on my
backup IIS machine. I tried installing RS but it tells me my CD RS version,
SP1, is incompatible with the production SQL version, SP2. I figured it
would be easy enough to just get a CD with a full install, including SP2,
from MS.
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> I'm confused on what you are trying to do. Are you setting up up a web farm?
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>
> "John Supplee" <JohnSupplee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:DB20322D-8C67-43A0-B520-24BF7E80C34B@.microsoft.com...
> > Bruce,
> > Thanks for your reply. I already have SP2 installed. I am trying to
> > install Reporting Services on a new IIS machine and it won't let me
> > because I
> > have a RS SP1 install and that is not compatible with SP2. Are you
> > telling
> > me the only way to install this on my new machine is to completely
> > uninstall
> > RS, on my production machine, and then reinstall RS on the new IIS
> > machine?
> > Do you know if MS is going to come out with a CD soon for a full RS SP2
> > install? Since SP2 is incompatible with SP1 I can't imagine I'll be the
> > only
> > one with this problem...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John
> >
> > "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> There is not a full install with SP2. You have to install and then
> >> upgrade
> >> with SP2. SP2 includes all the fixes from SP1.
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> >> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> >>
> >> "John Supplee" <JohnSupplee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:D8929F90-02FE-4782-AECF-E3028CC5C72F@.microsoft.com...
> >> >I have one production SQL server 2000 with Reporting services SP2
> >> >installed
> >> > on it. I have a redundent IIS 6.0 just purchased. I went to install
> >> > RS
> >> > on
> >> > it and point it to the production machine but it won't install because
> >> > the
> >> > CD
> >> > I have is RS SP1 which isn't compatible with SP2. How can I get my
> >> > hands
> >> > on
> >> > a Full install of RS SP2 so that I can install it on my new IIS
> >> > machine?
> >> > Thanks,
> >> > John
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
>|||You might not be the only one but what you are doing is not the normal way
for redundancy (by normal I mean the way the product is designed to provide
redundancy). RS was designed to provide reduncancy by creating a web farm.
All the IIS boxes use the same, single database server (which could have a
redundancy setup). The downside of this is licensing, each box needs to have
an enterprise license. Although this might still be the case with what you
are doing as well. At a minimum today you need 2 licenses. One for your IIS
box and one for your SQL Server box.
I suggesting reading up on how to install and setup a web farm, could be it
would give you ideas on how to move ahead with this.
Off the top of my head one thing you could do is to temporarily have SQL
Server locally on the second box and install RS. Then when done point it
away from being local to the other SQL Server box and remove SQL Server from
the second IIS box. I know this is possible but have not done it myself.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"John Supplee" <JohnSupplee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CC7BDAC3-1F73-4848-A0E8-F190068C363B@.microsoft.com...
>I am setting up redundancy. I have a production IIS and SQL server running
> RS SP2. I have a redundant SQL server that is getting updates from the
> production server using Double-take. I would like to have the production
> IIS
> machine replicate to the backup IIS machine using the same software. In
> order to do this I need all the same products and versions on the
> redundant
> server before I set up the replication. Unfortunately I upgraded my
> production IIS and SQL to SP2 before I did the original install of RS on
> my
> backup IIS machine. I tried installing RS but it tells me my CD RS
> version,
> SP1, is incompatible with the production SQL version, SP2. I figured it
> would be easy enough to just get a CD with a full install, including SP2,
> from MS.
> "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
>> I'm confused on what you are trying to do. Are you setting up up a web
>> farm?
>>
>> --
>> Bruce Loehle-Conger
>> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>>
>> "John Supplee" <JohnSupplee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:DB20322D-8C67-43A0-B520-24BF7E80C34B@.microsoft.com...
>> > Bruce,
>> > Thanks for your reply. I already have SP2 installed. I am trying to
>> > install Reporting Services on a new IIS machine and it won't let me
>> > because I
>> > have a RS SP1 install and that is not compatible with SP2. Are you
>> > telling
>> > me the only way to install this on my new machine is to completely
>> > uninstall
>> > RS, on my production machine, and then reinstall RS on the new IIS
>> > machine?
>> > Do you know if MS is going to come out with a CD soon for a full RS SP2
>> > install? Since SP2 is incompatible with SP1 I can't imagine I'll be
>> > the
>> > only
>> > one with this problem...
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > John
>> >
>> > "Bruce L-C [MVP]" wrote:
>> >
>> >> There is not a full install with SP2. You have to install and then
>> >> upgrade
>> >> with SP2. SP2 includes all the fixes from SP1.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Bruce Loehle-Conger
>> >> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>> >>
>> >> "John Supplee" <JohnSupplee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> >> message
>> >> news:D8929F90-02FE-4782-AECF-E3028CC5C72F@.microsoft.com...
>> >> >I have one production SQL server 2000 with Reporting services SP2
>> >> >installed
>> >> > on it. I have a redundent IIS 6.0 just purchased. I went to
>> >> > install
>> >> > RS
>> >> > on
>> >> > it and point it to the production machine but it won't install
>> >> > because
>> >> > the
>> >> > CD
>> >> > I have is RS SP1 which isn't compatible with SP2. How can I get my
>> >> > hands
>> >> > on
>> >> > a Full install of RS SP2 so that I can install it on my new IIS
>> >> > machine?
>> >> > Thanks,
>> >> > John
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>

没有评论:

发表评论