2012年2月24日星期五

Full backup 'on-line'

Hello everyone, can you describe me, how SQL Server makes full backup of dat
abase when users are inserting and updating data in tables. Is it possible m
ake backup 'on-line' ?
Thank you
RP.> Hello everyone, can you describe me, how SQL Server makes full backup of
database when users are inserting and updating data in tables. Is it
possible make backup 'on-line' ?
This is from an article at
http://activeanswers.compaq.com/aa_...25/1/38758.pdf:
SQL Server 2000 backup does not delay normal database activity. It backs up
the database files as fast as possible without regard to logical
inconsistencies introduced by active transactions. It then captures the
transaction log written during the time the data was being backed up. During
the restore, the data is restored first, and then the transaction log is
applied to make the database logically consistent. The result is that online
backups performed during normal operations have a minimal effect on
transaction throughput, while maintaining high backup performance.
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
Associate Mentor
Solid Quality Learning
More than just Training
www.SolidQualityLearning.com|||It is very interesting article, I maybe asked a little wrong.
I try describe my trouble:
If some backup script (BACKUP DATABASE db TO …) is started during transact
ion (inserting data in tables), I thing, the saved database with transaction
log can’t be in logical nconsistence and I will not be able restore datab
ase.
Are there only two ways how to resolve it - worm and hot backup?
Or can I do it by any T-SQL script?
Thanks
RP|||Because of the way SQL Server backs up the database and log, as described by
Dejan, all the transactions up to the time that the log is backed up will be
in the backup. All transaction that have started but have not been completed
will be rolled back as the transaction log is applied to the database during
the restore process, all the completed transactions will be rolled forward.
This ensures that the database is always consistent.
Jacco Schalkwijk
SQL Server MVP
"RP" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:234D6D56-DFEB-425E-9AB2-C7EBE4DB324B@.microsoft.com...
> It is very interesting article, I maybe asked a little wrong.
> I try describe my trouble:
> If some backup script (BACKUP DATABASE db TO .) is started during
transaction (inserting data in tables), I thing, the saved database with
transaction log can't be in logical nconsistence and I will not be able
restore database.
> Are there only two ways how to resolve it - worm and hot backup?
> Or can I do it by any T-SQL script?
> Thanks
> RP
>|||Thaks for explanation.

没有评论:

发表评论