2012年2月24日星期五

Full backup without change archive bit

Here's the scenario:
I set a maintenance plan for sqlserver:
monday morning : full backup
in 6 days rest : differential backup
Sometimes I need to make a full backup of some databases and send to client.
I've got a problem, when I have to make a full backup for example in friday
for someone , because all next differential backups from maintenance plan
are wrong.
(include only differences from friday - not from monday)
So I have a question. How to make a full backup without reset an archive
bit?.
Any idea ?
Thanks to all in advance for your worthy assistance,
Radoslaw PutekRadek
Can you perfom full BACKUP DATABASE on friday within another job ,I mean not
by maintenance plan?
"Radek" <SPAM_putti@.poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
news:bnql59$77a$1@.atlantis.news.tpi.pl...
> Here's the scenario:
> I set a maintenance plan for sqlserver:
> monday morning : full backup
> in 6 days rest : differential backup
> Sometimes I need to make a full backup of some databases and send to
client.
> I've got a problem, when I have to make a full backup for example in
friday
> for someone , because all next differential backups from maintenance plan
> are wrong.
> (include only differences from friday - not from monday)
> So I have a question. How to make a full backup without reset an archive
> bit?.
> Any idea ?
> Thanks to all in advance for your worthy assistance,
> Radoslaw Putek
>|||> > Here's the scenario:
> > I set a maintenance plan for sqlserver:
> > monday morning : full backup
> > in 6 days rest : differential backup
> >
> > Sometimes I need to make a full backup of some databases and send to
> client.
> > I've got a problem, when I have to make a full backup for example in
> friday
> > for someone , because all next differential backups from maintenance
plan
> > are wrong.
> > (include only differences from friday - not from monday)
> >
> > So I have a question. How to make a full backup without reset an archive
> > bit?.
> > Any idea ?
> >
> > Thanks to all in advance for your worthy assistance,
> >
> > Radoslaw Putek
--
> Radek
> Can you perfom full BACKUP DATABASE on friday within another job ,I mean
not
> by maintenance plan?
>
--
I used my own backup procedures in jobs.
I have over 500 databases and these procedures make me :
SQL_20031029_FULL catalog
database1_full.bac
database2_full.bac
...
SQL_20031030_DIFF catalog
database1_diff.bac
database2_diff.bac
...
.....
And when i make a full backup of some databases in friday(for example) my
restore plan doesn't work.
Radoslaw Putek|||Radek
I'd go with writing stored procedure that accep parameter as database id.
If you were asked to backup particular database/or databases you just put
their id as parameter, that's all.
"Radek" <SPAM_putti@.poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
news:bnqn9o$ht2$1@.atlantis.news.tpi.pl...
> > > Here's the scenario:
> > > I set a maintenance plan for sqlserver:
> > > monday morning : full backup
> > > in 6 days rest : differential backup
> > >
> > > Sometimes I need to make a full backup of some databases and send to
> > client.
> > > I've got a problem, when I have to make a full backup for example in
> > friday
> > > for someone , because all next differential backups from maintenance
> plan
> > > are wrong.
> > > (include only differences from friday - not from monday)
> > >
> > > So I have a question. How to make a full backup without reset an
archive
> > > bit?.
> > > Any idea ?
> > >
> > > Thanks to all in advance for your worthy assistance,
> > >
> > > Radoslaw Putek
> --
> > Radek
> > Can you perfom full BACKUP DATABASE on friday within another job ,I mean
> not
> > by maintenance plan?
> >
> --
> I used my own backup procedures in jobs.
> I have over 500 databases and these procedures make me :
> SQL_20031029_FULL catalog
> database1_full.bac
> database2_full.bac
> ...
> SQL_20031030_DIFF catalog
> database1_diff.bac
> database2_diff.bac
> ...
> .....
> And when i make a full backup of some databases in friday(for example) my
> restore plan doesn't work.
> Radoslaw Putek
>
>|||Radek,
As I understand it, your problem is that your diff backups will be based on that "extra" database
backup, something you don't want them to be. I'm fairly certain that you cannot do that, I'm afraid.
Detaching might be an option (but that is not fully online, of course).
This seems like a valid request for sqlwish@.microsoft.com.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
Archive at: http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.sqlserver
"Radek" <SPAM_putti@.poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:bnql59$77a$1@.atlantis.news.tpi.pl...
> Here's the scenario:
> I set a maintenance plan for sqlserver:
> monday morning : full backup
> in 6 days rest : differential backup
> Sometimes I need to make a full backup of some databases and send to client.
> I've got a problem, when I have to make a full backup for example in friday
> for someone , because all next differential backups from maintenance plan
> are wrong.
> (include only differences from friday - not from monday)
> So I have a question. How to make a full backup without reset an archive
> bit?.
> Any idea ?
> Thanks to all in advance for your worthy assistance,
> Radoslaw Putek
>|||Ok
Now I see what you mean?
Perhaps detach a database will be an option but I really don't know another
solution
"Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
news:OdR673snDHA.2272@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Radek
> I'd go with writing stored procedure that accep parameter as database id.
> If you were asked to backup particular database/or databases you just put
> their id as parameter, that's all.
>
> "Radek" <SPAM_putti@.poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> news:bnqn9o$ht2$1@.atlantis.news.tpi.pl...
> > > > Here's the scenario:
> > > > I set a maintenance plan for sqlserver:
> > > > monday morning : full backup
> > > > in 6 days rest : differential backup
> > > >
> > > > Sometimes I need to make a full backup of some databases and send to
> > > client.
> > > > I've got a problem, when I have to make a full backup for example in
> > > friday
> > > > for someone , because all next differential backups from
maintenance
> > plan
> > > > are wrong.
> > > > (include only differences from friday - not from monday)
> > > >
> > > > So I have a question. How to make a full backup without reset an
> archive
> > > > bit?.
> > > > Any idea ?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks to all in advance for your worthy assistance,
> > > >
> > > > Radoslaw Putek
> > --
> > > Radek
> > > Can you perfom full BACKUP DATABASE on friday within another job ,I
mean
> > not
> > > by maintenance plan?
> > >
> > --
> > I used my own backup procedures in jobs.
> > I have over 500 databases and these procedures make me :
> > SQL_20031029_FULL catalog
> > database1_full.bac
> > database2_full.bac
> > ...
> > SQL_20031030_DIFF catalog
> > database1_diff.bac
> > database2_diff.bac
> > ...
> > .....
> > And when i make a full backup of some databases in friday(for example)
my
> > restore plan doesn't work.
> >
> > Radoslaw Putek
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

没有评论:

发表评论