2012年2月26日星期日

Full Recovery Model - log doesnt grow?

Hi all,

I have a SQL Server 2000 database that is using the Full recovery
model. The database is purely receiving inserts (and plenty of them)
with maybe some view/table creation for reporting.

In this state I would expect the log to grow ad infinitum but it gets
to about 32% used and then empties.

The log is not being backed up at all so am I missing something else?

Cheers
Deedeebeeay@.gmail.com (deebeeay@.gmail.com) writes:
> I have a SQL Server 2000 database that is using the Full recovery
> model. The database is purely receiving inserts (and plenty of them)
> with maybe some view/table creation for reporting.
> In this state I would expect the log to grow ad infinitum but it gets
> to about 32% used and then empties.
> The log is not being backed up at all so am I missing something else?

Did you ever take a backup of the database since you set it to full
recovery? I believe you are effectively in simple more, until you have
a full backup. To wit, without a backup of the database, the log is very
useful on its own.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...oads/books.mspx
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodin...ions/books.mspx|||Ah that's probably it. I've only just been given visibility of the
database and I don't think a backup has ever been done.

Many thanks for your help!

没有评论:

发表评论